Over to you... Alex Wood, Commercial director, RMC Digital Print

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment?

Covid19 unfortunately. Before the pandemic we saw a positive turn in the retail sector with a couple of flex face skin rollouts planned for the year, which unfortunately, has been shelved for the time being.

​Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities? 

As a trade only printer we have seen an increase of companies coming to us to outsource the wide-format print they would have done in-house pre-lockdown. Many companies are trying to reduce overheads or having to cut staff.

What would make your day-to-day operations easier? 

Greater education of clients on print-ready artwork as lead-times are often short and we cannot afford to lose any time, but on many occasions we have to go back to the client requesting better files.  

Your favourite bit of kit is..? 

It has to be the Zund, of which we have two. To see it in action still blows my mind and even I can use it.

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

“If you can laugh together, you can work together” The team environment is essential for us to grow as a business - we all need to pitch in together in the good and the bad times. Luckily, at RMC we have a great team ethic and rubbish banter.

What are you most proud of achieving? 

​I have been around since near to the inception of RMC when there were just a couple of machines. To see how the company has grown in size and reputation makes me extremely proud. Apart from my children and partner, this would be my greatest achievement.

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn? 

The impact of wide-format on the planet needs to be at the forefront of the sector, with greater education of our clients on what can be done. In addition, more in the industry need a better taste in music - I only know a couple of Radiohead fans in the sector which is shocking!

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports