Mandy Roscoe-Enion, director, Carrick Signs

Image Reports speaks to Mandy Roscoe-Enion, director, Carrick Signs.

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment? 

Basically managing the size of the company to ensure we maintain the same steady healthy growth we have experienced in the last three years. Over that period we have introduced at least one new machine to our kit list every year and at the same time grown the sales to fill the machines with jobs.

Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities?

Our client list ranges from very small companies to multimillion pound companies, so as a business we believe the opportunity to develop is everywhere.

What would make your day-to-day operations easier?

We have discussed several times introducing shift patterns. As things stand now the days are very long and the only way to resolve this is to eventually increase the workforce and split into two shifts.

Your favourite bit of kit is..?

We recently invested in a Summa flatbed cutter, which is having an amazing impact on our finishing. As with all our machines though, they are improved greatly by the team we have operating them.

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

Stick to 30 days payment terms - cashflow is absolutely essential to survive.

What are you most proud of achieving?

Building the company from one person to 12 members of staff operating from a 6,500sqft factory and having 11 pieces kit varying in size and ability. Seeing the company grow in six years does leave me feeling very proud of Carrick Signs

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn

I don’t think it’s a question to answer as I’m not sure it needs to learn any lessons.

www.CarrickSigns.co.uk

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports