Over to you... Gary Paterson, Creative director, T’Go Creative

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment?

Our strong reputation for high quality design and print at a competitive price being produced on time. The business has grown through word of mouth and our clients seem very happy to recommend us.

Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities?

Wallpaper. Our clients are quite excited about this! It’s a huge market and we have the equipment (along with a decorating team) at the ready! Other than that the addition of bringing large format in-house allows us (fussy designers) to control quality and meet the increasing number of tight deadlines.

What would make your day-to-day operations easier?

We are predominantly a busy design agency so more staff would help! We expect to employ another designer, a website designer and a finishing expert in 2017.

Your favourite bit of kit is..?

It’s a designer’s cliché but it’s got to be my Mac, followed a close second by our new Roland TrueViz VG-640. It turns heads when clients come into the studio - as do the prints that come off it.

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

My dad always said, “Measure twice, cut once” - in other words always double check before jumping in. He also said “We shall overcome” to any problem.

What are you most proud of achieving?

In business, taking that step from being employed to freelance and now being an employer. In life, my two little monsters (children) - they give me a drive to succeed.

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn?

It’s not unique to the wide-format sector, but “always look after your existing customers” - they are our biggest advertising opportunities.

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports