Fespa is now inviting entries to its 2020 awards scheme, which has four new applications-focused categories - Printeriors, packaging on paper and board, packaging on plastics, and vehicle/object wrapping.
The Printeriors award will feature five sub-categories - public spaces, hotels and restaurants, events and pop-up experiences, offices and workplaces, and retail.
Neil Felton, Fespa CEO, said of the Printeriors award in particular: “Over the last five years we have developed our Printeriors proposition to reflect the demands in the industry. We can see from our exhibitions and events that printed decor plays a big part for a number of manufacturers and PSPs. By introducing the Printeriors Award we want to share the creative examples of printed decor that our global community is producing.”
In addition to the new Awards, PSPs and sign-makers can also enter projects in the established categories:
- Display and POP on paper and board
- Display and POP on plastic
- Serigraphies and fine art
- Decals and printed labels
- Creative special effects – paper, board and plastics
- Special effects on T-shirts, garments and other textiles
- Printed garments
- Roll-to-roll printed textiles
- Glass, ceramic, metal and wood products
- Direct printing on 3D products
- Non-printed signage
- Functional printing - fascias, dials, nameplates
There is also a Young Star Award, which is marked across all categories and can be entered by 16 - 25 year olds working as an employee, trainee or student in a print-related discipline.
In addition, there are three awards which cannot be entered directly and are voted for by the Fespa community and judges:
- New for 2020 is the Judges Award for Innovation, to be selected by the Fespa judges across all categories for the most innovative piece of work.
- The Best in Show award is chosen by the Fespa Awards judges from all categories.
- The People’s Choice award is voted for by Fespa’s online community across all categories. Voting for this award will be open 8 November - 9 December 2019.
2020 awards entries must be submitted by Friday 1 November 2019. The shortlisted entries will be announced on 9 December 2019 and will be displayed at Fespa Global 2020, which will take place 24 - 27 March at IFEMA Exhibition Centre, Madrid, Spain. Awards winners will be announced at the Fespa Gala Night in Madrid on 25 March 2020.