Over to you... Richard Frayling, Owner, Signs Express (Taunton)

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment?

General growth within the sign industry as a whole is having the biggest impact. More and more companies are thinking outside the box when it comes to their signage needs meaning I am constantly adapting to trends and keeping my business offerings relevant. The rise of companies selling cheaper, more basic signage online with quick delivery times has also meant that I have had to ensure my prices are as competitive as possible with turnaround times my clients are happy with.

Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities?

Currently the most exciting opportunities within wide-format signage are around architectural, soft signage with bespoke wallpapers, wallcoverings and window graphics.

What would make your day-to-day operations easier?

With me being out of the office a lot, an office administrator would help free up more time for me to focus on growing the business.

Your favourite bit of kit is..?

I have three favourites - the HP Latex printer, Alexa and Smart Switches. I would not be able to produce the high quality signage and graphics we do, without these.

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

If you do a good job they will only tell 10 people but do a bad job and they will tell 100 -  even more apt in this day and age. With this in my mind, I pride myself on delivering the best customer service and advice. Should any issues ever arise, I do everything I can to rectify it so the customer is always happy. 

What are you most proud of achieving?

Of the relationships I have built and maintained with my long-term clients and our reputation for getting quotes back to customers within a very fast timeframe. I am also incredibly proud of my team.

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn?

The scale of options available in the wide-format sector is something you need to be continually looking at. The different materials and effects that can be used means the opportunities are endless in this dynamic industry. 

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports