25
Thu, Apr

Xaar and Stratasys form Xaar 3D

Inkjet printhead developer Xaar and additive manufacturing specialist Stratasys have invested to form Xaar 3D. The new company will leverage the synergies between the two, specifically Xaar’s technology relating to high speed sintering and industrial piezo inkjet printheads, and the commercial and market expertise of Stratasys.
Xaar holds 85% of Xaar 3D’s shares, Stratasys the other 15%. The latter has an option to increase its holding up to 30%. Xaar 3D will hold all of Xaar’s high speed sintering assets. Xaar CEO Doug Edwards heads up the new operation as its chairman. He said: “This joint investment in the development of 3D printing technologies reinforces the value created by our R&D and continues our plan to diversify Xaar’s business. We are also pleased to be working alongside a leader in the 3D printing space, who recognises the value of Xaar’s technology and expertise.” Scott Crump, chief innovation officer, Stratasys, added: “We are impressed with the Xaar team’s achievements to date. We believe that the complementary assets of Stratasys and Xaar will enable Xaar 3D Ltd to develop solutions that further address customers' additive manufacturing requirements for a broader range of production applications.”

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports

Facebook